One of our favorite ways to celebrate Earth Day is to make crafts for kids out of recycled materials. We recently ordered Little Superheroes’s birthday present online and it came packaged in bubble wrap and shipping paper. With a little paint and creativity, we turned those materials into a Recycled Bubble Wrap Tree Craft for Earth Day.
How To Make A Recycled Bubble Wrap Tree:
- Cut the bubble wrap into a circle for the top of the tree and a rectangle for the grass. Young children may need help cutting the plastic.
- Paint the bubble wrap with the green paint.
- As the paint dries, cut the shipping paper into a rectangle for the trunk of the tree.
- Glue the shipping paper onto the blue piece of card stock or construction paper for the truck of the tree.
- Glue the piece of bubble wrap shaped like a circle at the top top of the shipping paper for the top of the tree.
- Glue the piece of bubble wrap shaped like a rectangle at the bottom of the shipping paper for the grass.
You May Also Enjoy These Earth Day Books:
- The Three R’s: Reuse, Reduce, Recycle by Nuria Roca
- This Is Our World by Emily Sollinger
- I Can Save the Earth! by Alison Inches
- Don’t Throw That Away! by Lara Bergen
- The Adventures of a Plastic Bottle by Alison Inches
Making crafts out of recycled materials like this Recycled Bubble Wrap Tree is a fun way to teach children about Earth Day and reusing, reducing, and recycling.