Spring has finally sprung! Dandelions are beginning to pop up all over our yard. My toddler calls them “fouwers” and always has a huge smile on his face when he gives me one. We wanted to add these special “fouwers” to the Spring crafts for kids that we have made, so we created a one-of-a-kind Dandelion Fork Painting.
This easy-to-make craft for kids is created by simply dipping a plastic fork into yellow paint and pressing it down on a piece of paper in the shape of a circle to form the head of a Dandelion. Children can add a stem and grass to complete their Spring picture.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, your kids can turn their Dandelion Fork Painting into a special homemade card. Fold the paper in half and add stickers or write on the inside of the card “You Are Dandy.” Any mom, grandma, aunt, or godmother will love receiving such a precious keepsake.
- Card Stock
- Yellow Paint
- Green Paint
- Plastic Fork
- Paint Brush
- Paper Plate
- Letter Stickers or Marker (optional)
1. Fold your piece of card stock in half to form a card. We used white card stock but you can use any color.
2. Put the yellow paint (about a tablespoon) onto the paper plate.
3. Dip the fork in the yellow paint and press it down on the card. Form a circle with the paint to make the shape of the Dandelion head.
4. Put the green paint (about 1/2 teaspoon) onto the paper plate.
5. Use the paint brush to add a green stem and grass to the picture.
6. After the paint dries, add stickers or write on the inside of the card. We used stickers and put “You Are Dandy!” (optional)
Your children will have fun painting with a fork and using their creativity and imagination to make a special Dandelion Fork Painting or Mother’s Day card for a loved one.
Are you looking for more flower crafts for kids? Check out our Popsicle Stick Flower.
[…] Make a wish and Paint these Dandelions from Raising Little […]