April showers bring May flowers! We have already gotten a lot of rain in April, but it is still too early and cold to see any flowers bloom. So, we decided to make flowers bloom inside our house with this easy-to-make Popsicle Stick Flower. Making crafts for kids is a fun way to teach children about all of the things that happen when the seasons change and how flowers begin to bloom.
How To Make A Popsicle Stick Flower Craft:
- Popsicle Sticks
- Paint (We used purple and orange paint for the flower petals and green paint for the stem.)
- Paint Brush
- Pom Pom
- Pipe Cleaner (We used a green pipe cleaner for the leaves.)
1. Paint four popsicle sticks any color you want for the flower petals. One of my children used purple and the other one used orange.
2. After the paint dries, glue two popsicle sticks together to make the letter “x.” Next, glue the other two popsicle sticks together to make another letter “x.” Then, overlap the two letter “x’s” and glue them together to create the flower petals.
3. Paint one popsicle stick green. After it dries, glue it to the back of the other popsicle sticks or petals to make the flower stem.
4. Glue a pom-pom onto the center of the popsicle sticks or flower petals.
5. Cut a green pipe cleaner in half. Next, fold it in half. Then, bend each end into the middle or into the fold to create the leaves on the stem.
6. Glue the pipe cleaner onto the bottom of the green popsicle stick.
Making a Popsicle Stick Flower is the perfect way to celebrate that Spring has finally arrived, and we will soon be seeing flowers bloom all around us.
[…] Make a flower: https://raisinglittlesuperheroes.com/popsicle-stick-flower/ […]
[…] 13. Popsicle Stick Flower (Raising Little Superheroes) […]
[…] Popsicle Stick Flower from Raising Little Super Heroes […]
[…] Bookmarks via Darice *Paper Plate Garden via Happy Hooligan *Popsicle Stick Flower via Raising Little Super Heroes *Blooms via Home Made Ginger *Curly Paper Flowers via iCreative Ideas *Yarn Wrapped Tulips […]