Busy Bags are simple and engaging learning activities that young children can do on their own. All of the materials for the activity are stored in a plastic bag or pencil pouch so they are easy to take on-the-go. Busy bags are perfect for toddlers or preschooler when you are waiting in a doctor’s office, going out to eat in a restaurant, traveling in a car, or cooking dinner.
For this Colors and Patterns Busy Bag, children will practice identifying colors and creating patterns using simple materials that can easily be taken anywhere you go.
Colors and Patterns Busy Bag:
- Large Popsicle Sticks
- Dot Stickers
- Pom Poms
- Color the dot stickers to match the colors of the pom poms
- Stick the colored dots on the popsicle sticks to create simple patterns
How To Play:
- Place the pom pom on top of the dot stickers to match the colors and create the pattern.
Extend The Learning:
- Let your child color the dot stickers and place them on the popsicle sticks to create his or her own patterns.
- Have your child pick up the pom poms with tongs and place them on them on the popsicle sticks to develop fine motor skills.
You May Also Like These Learning Activities:
- Animal Counters Sensory Bin and Color Sort
- The Doughnut Shop Shape Game
- Pom Pom Color Match Game
- Best Books for Preschoolers
- 5 Pre-Reading Skills Kids Need To Be Successful Readers
For More Busy Bag Ideas, Check Out The A-Z of Busy Bags!