The NFL regular season has ended and the playoffs are about to begin. Even though our favorite team won’t be going to the Superbowl this year, my children are still very excited to watch the big game. We have been getting ready for the playoffs by decorating our house with lots of football crafts for kids. Today, we created a Potato Stamped Football Craft.
Supplies for Potato Stamped Football Craft:
- Green card stock
- Brown Paint
- Small Paper Plate
- White Paint
- Paint Brush
- Corn on the Cob Holders (optional)
Directions for Potato Stamped Football Craft:
- Spread some brown paint on a small paper plate.
- Cut a potato in half. (adults only!)
- Put a corn on the cob holder in the uncut end of the potato. This is optional but the corn on the cob holder will make it easier for your children to hold the potato. (optional)
- Dip the potato into the brown paint and firmly press it down on the green card stock.
- After the paint dries, paint a white line in the center of the football. Paint lines across the white line to create the laces on the football.
Your kids are sure to have a blast painting with a potato and creating this Potato Stamped Football Craft. It’s a fun way to get ready for the NFL playoffs to begin. Go Broncos!