Are you looking for an easy 4th of July craft for kids to make? Get out the pom poms and crafts sticks and create this festive Pom Pom American Flag Craft. This simple patriotic craft is a fun way to decorate and celebrate the up-coming summer holidays.
How To Make A Pom Pom American Flag Craft:
- Red Pom Poms
- White Pom Poms
- Blue Pom Poms
- Jumbo Craft Sticks – 6
- Regular Craft Sticks (like popsicle sticks) – 2
- Lay the 6 jumbo craft sticks next to each other and glue the 2 regular craft sticks (one on each end) across them to hold them together.
- Spread glue on the bottom craft stick and line it with red pom poms. We used 8 pom poms on each row but the amount you use may vary depending on the size of craft sticks and pom poms that you use.
- Repeat Step 2 for the second and third craft sticks and alternate between the red and white pom poms.
- Spread glue on the fourth craft stick from the bottom and line half of it with blue pom poms and the other half with white pom poms.
- Repeat Step 4 for the fifth and sixth craft sticks and alternate between the red and white pom poms.
Extend The Learning:
As your child is making the craft, have him or her count the number of pom poms that he or she is using and create color patterns.
Attach another jumbo craft stick on the bottom to create a flag pole so your child can wave it around or add magnets to the back of the craft and hang it on your fridge.
This Pom Pom American Flag Craft is a super simple patriotic decoration for your kids to make and a fun way to celebrate Memorial Day or the 4th of July.