In this Valentine’s Day Word Find, children will find and color all of the hearts with the word “red.” The word “red” is a preschool sight word and one of the first words that kids will learn to identify. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, themed preschool activities can be a lot of fun for preschoolers and early elementary students. This Valentine’s Day Word Find worksheet is perfect for learning sight words and preparing children to read.
Make Learning Fun:
Check out the different ways to mark your answers:
- Use Sweetheart Conversation Hearts to cover the “red” sight words instead of coloring the hearts.
- Use Do A Dot Art Marker to mark the all of the colored sight words.
- Place Small Read Heart Stickers over every “red” sight word.
Learning Across the Curriculum:
Expand this activity across other areas of the curriculum:
- Mix red paint with other paint colors to create a new color. Blend red and yellow together to make orange and mix red and blue together to make purple.
- Count the number of hearts that have the “red” sight word and count the number of hearts that have other sight words. Compare the numbers and ask your child which one is bigger and which number is smaller.
Additional Learning Resources:
Looking for more fun items to help your child learn the sight words? Check out these resources on Amazon:
- Sight Word Readers Parent Pack: Learning the First 50 Sight Words Is a Snap!
- Sight Words Level A Flash Cards
This Valentine’s Day Word Find is not only fun for preschoolers and early elementary students but is educational too. Themed preschool activities are a great way to incorporate the holidays into learning. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, this worksheet will help your children or students to identify sight words and prepare them to read.