Do you have picky eaters who don’t like to eat their fruits and vegetables? A Butterfly Snack Bag is a fun and creative way to get your children to eat a healthy and nutritious snack. Kids will enjoy making these adorable Springtime treats too. These butterfly snacks for kids are perfect for picnics, parties, or just for fun.
Butterfly Snack Bags Instructions:
1. Fill the snack bag with a healthy snack. We filled our snack bag with cheese and carrots. You can use any healthy snack that will fit into the snack bag, but pick one that is age appropriate for your child.
2. Pinch the middle of the snack bag so that the top and bottom of the bag come together. There should be about the same or equal amount of snack in each side of the bag.
3. Put the snack bag in the clothes pin.
4. Glue on two small googly eyes on the end of the clothes pin
5. Cut a pipe cleaner in half. Fold the pipe cleaner in half and clip it in the clothes pin. Curl the ends of the pipe cleaner.
If you are making Butterfly Snack Bags for your child’s class, ask the teacher about food allergies and food packaging requirements. Many schools will only allow snacks for kids that are store bought and prepackaged. Instead of using the snack bag, you can use an individual, prepackaged snack such as Annie’s Homegrown Cheddar Bunnies.
A Butterfly Snack Bag is a fun way to get children (especially those picky little superheroes) to eat a healthy treat. These butterfly snacks for kids are so easy-to-make too. Your children will enjoy helping to make these cute and creative treats.
Are you looking for more butterfly activities for kids? Check out how to make a Watercolor Butterfly.
Disclaimer: Children should only consume age appropriate snacks. Children need to be supervised at all times when eating.