As the weather is warming up, we are drinking a lot of bottled water especially since we are busy and always on-the-go. As my son and I were taking the empty water bottles out of our car and putting them into our recycle bin, I thought about all of the crafts for kids that we could create using water bottles. Today, we used the caps off of the water bottles to create a Flower Craft from Recycled Materials.
How To Make A Flower Craft From Recycled Materials:
- Water Bottle Caps – 7
- Purple Paint
- Orange Paint
- Green Paint
- Paint Brush
- Popsicle Stick
- Green Card Stock
- Blue Card Stock
- Paint 6 of the water bottle caps with the purple paint or any color you ant for the flower petals.
- Paint 1 water bottle cap with the orange paint or any color you want for the center of the flower.
- Let the paint dry and apply another coat if necessary.
- Glue or tape the orange water bottle cap in the center of the piece of blue card stock.
- Glue or tape the purple water bottle caps around the orange one.
- Paint a popsicle stick with the green paint.
- After the paint dries, glue the stick at the bottom of the water bottle caps for the stem of the flower.
- Cut the leaves out of the green card stock and glue them on the blue card stock next to the popsicle stick.
Creating this Flower Craft from Recycled Materials is a fun way to teach children how to recycle and reuse things like water bottle caps to create crafts for kids.
You May Also Enjoy These Books About Recycling:
- The Three R’s: Reuse, Reduce, Recycle by Nuria Roca
- Don’t Throw That Away! by Lara Bergen
- The Adventures of a Plastic Bottle by Alison Inches
- I Can Save the Earth! by Alison Inches
You May Also Like These Spring Crafts:
- Handprint Dragonfly Craft
- Popsicle Stick Flower
- Watercolor Butterfly
- Dandelion Fork Painting
- Little Cloud Tissue Paper Craft
Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle Unit Study:
- How To Make An Everest and Skye Paw Patrol Pinata from Crafty Mama in ME
- Recycling tips for camping trips from FrogMom
- Recycled Toy Robot Project from Brain Power Boy
- How Paper is Recycled from Schooling a Monkey
- Children’s Books About Recycling from The Jenny Evolution
- Cutting Tray and Recycling Sorting from Parenting Chaos
- Free Recycling Printables and Montessori-Inspired Recycling Activities from Living Montessori Now
- Colorful Spring Windsock Made with Recycled Materials from Play Dough & Popsicles
- How To Make A Flower Craft From Recycled Materials from Raising Little Superheroes
- Tin Can Pencil Holder from Tales of Education at Home
- Ways to Use Recycled Materials Around the House from Natural Beach Living
- Getting kids excited about recycling from Something 2 Offer
- Simple & Fun Recycled Magazine Crafts for the Family From The Natural Homeschool
- Sort Your Recycling Worksheets from Living Life and Learning