As a mom, my favorite type of projects to create with my children are handprint and footprint crafts for kids. I love to see how their little hands grow and change. These adorable projects are precious keepsakes that I will treasure forever.
Since Christmas is just a few weeks away, I wanted to make holiday crafts for kids with my children’s handprints since we already made our Christmas Tree Footprint Craft. So, we created a Reindeer Mason Jar With Handprint Antlers.
- Cut a brown paper lunch bag into small squares that are about 1 inch by 1 inch.
- Using a paint brush, spread glue over the entire mason jar. I like to use Mod Podge but white glue will work too.
- Place the brown paper squares on the glue so the mason jar is completely covered.
- As the glue is drying, trace your child’s hands on a piece of brown craft foam and cut them out.
- Put another layer of glue on top of the mason jar and the brown paper squares.
- After the glue dries, glue on the handprints for the reindeer’s antlers.
- Glue on the googly eyes and red pom pom for the nose.
Put some candy canes or holiday candy into the Reindeer Mason Jar with Handprint Antlers for an adorable candy dish that you will love for years.