Are you “haunting” around for a Halloween craft for kids? Look no further! This Kid-Made Paper Plate Spider Wreath is easy-to-make for children of all ages. It’s creepy-crawly legs and big googly eyes will look spook-tacular on your front door this Halloween.
- Paper Plate
- Black Paint
- Paint Brush
- Hole Punch
- Black Pipe Cleaners (8)
- Googly Eyes
- Paint a paper plate with black paint.
- After the paint dries, cut out the center of the paper plate.
- Punch four holes on each side of the paper plate.
- Put a pipe cleaner in each hole, wrap the end around the edge of the paper plate, and connect the end to the remaining portion of the pipe cleaner.
- Bend the pipe cleaner to create the spider’s legs.
- Glue the googly eyes to the paper plate.
- Attach a ribbon to the top of the paper plate and hang it on your front door.
Extend The Learning:
While making this Halloween spider craft, it is the perfect time to teach your children all about spiders. Here are some books to read with lots of fun facts:
- Spiders by Gail Gibbons
- All About Spiders (Kindle Edition) by Jasmine Williams
- Children’s Guide to Insects and Spiders by Jinny Johnson
Here are some other spider crafts you may enjoy too:
- Creepy Crawly Bath Sponge Spider
- Itsy, Bitsy Spider Paper Plate Craft
- Eensy, Weensy Puffy Paint Spider
This Paper Plate Spider Wreath is a spook-tacular craft for your kids to make and will look creepy “crawling” on your front door this Halloween. It’s Boo-rific!