My children love to go on scavenger hunts. We’ve been on a Zoo Scavenger Hunt, Beach Scavenger Hunt, and even an Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt. Since it is winter and way too cold to go outside, we are always looking for fun, indoor learning activities. So, we went on a Letter Sound Scavenger Hunt today.
Supplies for a Letter Sound Scavenger Hunt:
- Alphabet Blocks
- Plastic Bowl or Paper Bag
Directions for a Letter Sound Scavenger Hunt:
- Place the alphabet blocks in plastic bowl or paper bag.
- Pick one block from the bowl or bag.
- Identify the letter on the block.
- Search the house or classroom for something that begins with the letter on the block.
- Bring the object back to the designated area and state the name of the object and letter sound.
Extend The Learning:
- Sight Words: Spell out sight words using the blocks.
- ABC Order: Put the blocks in alphabetical order
Get your kids moving this winter and make learning fun with this Letter Sound Scavenger Hunt.
You May Also Like These Learning Activities:
Check Out These Other Learning Activities with Blocks:
- Building Block STEM Challenge Cards from Life Over C’s
- Fractions with KORXX Blocks from Still Playing School
- Building Block Maze Activity from Mom Inspired Life
- Free Printable: Block Scavenger Hunt for Letter Recognition from Play Dough and Popsicles
- Fine Motor Development with Blocks from Sugar Aunts
- Building Tens Castles (Preschool/Kindergarten Math) from Preschool Powol Packets
- Word Family BINGO! from School Time Snippets
- Building Block Addition Towers from The Kindergarten Connection
- Superhero Alphabet Matching Activity with Blocks from Stir The Wonder
- Storytelling with Wooden Blocks: Three Little Pigs from Adventures of Adam
- Sight Word ABCs with Blocks from Simple Fun for Kids
- Letter Sound Scavenger Hunt from Raising Little Superheroes
- Symmetry with Building Blocks from In The Playroom
- Building CVC words with Blocks from Teach me Mommy
- Making Patterns with Building Blocks from Play & Learn Everyday