One of our favorite things to do during the summer is go to the zoo. There are so many fun activities for kids to do at the zoo. Children can visit the exhibits, watch the shows, and learn all about the animals and their habitats. One way for kids to learn about the animals is to go on a Zoo Scavenger Hunt.
For younger children…
Print the Zoo Scavenger Hunt, have your children search for the animals in the zoo, and write the names of the animals on the blanks under the pictures. On our Zoo Scavenger Hunt, we have pictures of a polar bear, orangutan, meerkat, elephant, rhinoceros, flamingo, lion, giraffe, and brown bear.
Click on the picture above or the link to print the Zoo Scavenger Hunt.
For older children…
Have your children answer questions about the animals and their habitats.
- Name an animal that lives in the Dessert.
- Where do zebras live? Name the habitat.
- Name a mammal found at the zoo.
- Is a snake a reptile or an amphibian?
- Name a type of fish.
To extend your children’s learning experience, there are many activities that you can do with your kids when you get home from the zoo.
- Draw a picture of their favorite animal and its habitat.
- List 10 facts that they learned about the zoo.
- Use animal magnets to describe the animals that they saw at the zoo.
- Read books about animals such as Dear Zoo, The View At The Zoo, or My Visit To The Zoo.
- Draw a map of the zoo.
- Create a story about an animal.
Your children will love going on a Zoo Scavenger Hunt during your next visit. It is a fun way for children to spend time outdoors and learn all about animals and their habitats.
[…] Zoo Scavenger Hunt from Raising Little Superheroes […]