Playing games and singing songs is always a fun way for young children to learn. One of my favorite preschool activities is to play The Doughnut Shop Shape Game for Kids. It is an entertaining and educational learning shapes game for young children.
How To Make The Doughnuts:
1. Cut several different shapes out of the foam sheets. (Hint: Use objects such as cookie cutters to trace the shapes first so that it is easier to cut.)
2. Punch holes in the foam sheets. Gather the circles that are punched out of the foam sheets.
3. Glue the circles on top of the shapes to make the sprinkles. (You could also use glitter glue or puffy paint to create the sprinkles.)
How To Play The Game:
1. Put all of the doughnuts together on the floor, table, or playing area.
2. Have the children sit in a circle around the pile of doughnuts.
3. Sing The Doughnut Shop Shape Song.
Down around the corner at the bakery shop,
There were lots of little doughnuts with sugar on the top.
Along came (child’s name) all alone,
and he/she took a (name of shape) one home.
4. While singing the song, have the children pick a doughnut from the pile and tell everyone what shape he or she picked.
5. Repeat until all of the children have selected a doughnut. Go around the circle and have the children say the name of their shape again.
Your children or students are sure to have a blast learning their shapes while playing The Doughnut Shop Shape Game for Kids. This learning shapes game can also be played with colors, letters, numbers, and much more!