As my children and I were making our scrumptious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins, I got the idea to use our leftover cupcake liners to create some festive, holiday crafts for kids. Since Thanksgiving is only a couple of weeks away, we decided to turn our cupcake liners into turkey feathers and created this Colorful Cupcake Liner Turkey Craft.
- Cut the small paper plate in half. Your child may need hand-over-hand help if he or she is just learning how to cut.
- Fold each cupcake liner in half and then fold it in half again.
- Glue the cupcake liners around the outside edge of the paper plate.
- Draw and cut out a circle with a diameter of about 4 inches from a piece of brown foam. We traced a small cereal bowl to create the right size shape.
- Draw and cut out another circle with a diameter of about 2 inches from the brown foam.
- Glue the large circle onto the small paper plate so that it overlaps part of the cupcake liners.
- Glue the small circle onto the large circle.
- Draw and cut out the turkey’s beak and feet from the orange foam and the gobbler from the red foam.
- Glue on the googly eyes.
This Colorful Cupcake Liner Turkey Craft is not only fun for kids to create but it will also make a festive decoration for Thanksgiving too.