My little superheroes love animals! We visit our local zoo all of the time and one of their favorite exhibits is the snakes. They have been asking to create crafts of all of their favorite zoo animals. So, we created this super silly Paper Chain Snake today.
How To Make A Paper Chain Snake:
- Green Card Stock (2 sheets)
- Yellow Card Stock
- Stapler and Staples
- Googly Eyes
- Red Balloon
- Fold one sheet of the green card stock in eighths. I had my children fold the paper in half and then fold it in half again. Then, they folded the piece of paper in half again to create eight sections.
- Repeat Step 1 using the yellow sheet of card stock.
- Cut on the lines of both the yellow and green pieces of card stock so you have eight strips of paper for each color.
- Fold a green strip of paper around and staple it. Loop a yellow strip through the green hoop and staple it. Repeat the process till all of the strips of paper have been used.
- Cut one large and one small rounded triangle out of the other sheet of green card stock.
- Glue the large triangle onto the end of the paper chain for the snakes’s head.
- Glue the small triangle onto the other end of the paper chain for the snakes’s tail.
- Glue the googly eyes onto the large triangle.
- Glue the red balloon onto the large triangle for the snake’s tongue.
You can add as many hoops to this super silly Paper Chain Snake as you need and use it as a countdown to your next trip to the zoo.
If you are looking for more animal crafts check out the A-Z of Animals Series.
Fun! Thanks for participating in the series!