My children like to create crafts but they also love process art activities. Process art is an open-ended activity where the focus is on how the art is created instead of what it will look like after it is completed. Process art lets children express their creativity, use their imagination, explore the world around them, and make their own decisions.
Like many toddlers, my two-year-old loves to paint! He was so excited when I told him that we would be using his favorite blocks to paint with today. He picked out a few Lego Duplo Blocks®, several different colors of paint, and paper to create his Duplo Block Painting. He couldn’t wait to get started!
Supplies for Duplo Block Painting:
How To Create A Duplo Block Painting:
- Place the paint paper or card stock on a washable surface or piece of butcher paper.
- Pour the paint onto the paper plates so each color is on a different plate.
- Have your child select the Duplo blocks that he or she wants to use.
- Explain to your child that he or she will dip the block into the paint and press it down on the paper. If this is the first time your child has used Duplo blocks to paint, you many want to model how to use the blocks.
- Let your child explore and create his or her masterpiece.
Process art like our Duplo Block Painting is one of our favorite activities, because it is a different and unique experience every time. They not only have fun but they also create a one-of-a-kind piece of art.
- LEGO Addition Mat for Greater Than/Less Than from Life Over C’s
- Duplo Lego Geoboard from Still Playing School
- Duplo Consonant Blends Activity from Learning 2 Walk
- Educational Playtime with Duplo – Sorting, Estimating and Building from Crafty Mama in ME
- LEGO DUPLO Sight Word Towers from Mom Inspired Life
- Build A Lego Catapult from Powerful Mothering
- Geometric Blueprints with LEGO from Handmade Kids Art
- Slippery Lego Duplo Fine Motor Practice from Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Penguin Ice Cube Counting With LEGO from Preschool Powol Packets
- Word Building with LEGOS from Sugar Aunts
- Hands-on Science: Creating a Water Cycle Project using LEGO from Edventures with Kids
- Lego Tower Subtraction Race from The Kindergarten Connection
- Lego: 5 reasons you should use it with your kids from The Usual Mayhem
- Lego Heart Marble Maze from Lemon Lime Adventures
- Dumping Lego Colour Match Activity from Teach me Mommy
- Feed the Duplo Alien from Adventures of Adam
- How To Create A Duplo Block Painting from Raising Little Superheroes
- Letter Sequencing with Lego Duplo from School Time Snippets
- Lego ordering, days of the week from In The Playroom
- Dental Flossing with Duplo from Study at Home Mama
- LEGO Math Ten Frame Games from Lalymom