The Paw Patrol are stuck in ice on Adventure Bay and Ryder needs YOUR help to rescue them. But… What Makes Ice Melt Fastest? Use the Scientific Method in this learning activity and figure out how to save the pups. No job is too big, no pup is too small!
- Paw Patrol Toy Figures (Or Other Small Toy Figures)
- Ice Cube Tray
- Squirt Bottles
- Items That May Be Able To Melt Ice (Salt, Sugar, Oil, Vinegar, etc.)
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Put the Paw Patrol toy figures in the ice cube tray, fill it with water, and freeze.
Use the Scientific Method to rescue the Paw Patrol:
- Make An Observation: The pups are all frozen in ice.
- Ask A Question: What makes ice melt fastest?
- Make A Hypothesis: Select items that may be able to melt the ice. Fill 6 squirt bottles with water and add the selected items to each one. We used 1 tablespoon of each item. Add food coloring to each bottle. (optional) For this experiment, my Kindergartner selected vinegar, salt, sugar, vegetable oil, sand, and hot water.
- Conduct An Experiment: Place each frozen pup in a bowl. Select one water mixture to squirt on each toy.
- Draw Conclusions: The salt water melted the ice the fastest.
- Report The Results: We discussed how the salt water melted the ice the fastest and that is why salt is spread on our roads during the winter.
The Paw Patrol is saved! Whenever you are in trouble, just yelp for help!
You May Also Like These Learning Activities:
- How Do Penguins Stay Dry? Penguin Feathers Science Experiment
- Stamp It! Letter Sound Activity
- Sight Word Crayon Rubbing Activity
- Letter Sound Activity with Play Dough Tools
- Hands-On Synonym Blocks Matching Game
Check Out These Other Learning Activities With Small Toys:
Car Parking Lot Preschool Math Grid Game from Life Over C’s
Alphabet Car Wash from Learning 2 Walk
Sorting and Counting with Die-Cast Trains from Crafty Mama in ME
Directionality Activity with Small Cars from Teach Me Mommy
Forest Animals Letter Sounds Activity from Stir the Wonder
Learning Shapes with Toy Cars from Adventures of Adam
What Makes Ice Melt Fastest from Raising Little Superheroes
Fun DIY Phonics Game from Mum in the Madhouse
What Do Animals Eat? Classification Activity from Schooling a Monkey
Color Mixing with Toy Cars from The Kindergarten Connection
AM and PM Time Telling with Shopkins from Sugar Aunts
Sorting Animals Venn Diagram Activity from Mom Inspired Life
Hands-on Way to Learn Letter Sounds from School Time Snippets