If you are a mom, you know that it is important to be prepared. Prepared for what? Anything and everything! When raising children, you have to be prepared for any circumstance even when traveling in the car. Have you ever gotten a flat tire and had to keep your kids entertained and happy until help arrived? Have you ever been driving when your son says he doesn’t feel good and you look in the rearview mirror just in time to see him vomit all over? Have you ever been stuck in a traffic jam at dinner time with two very hungry children? You have probably been faced with one of these situations or something similar if you are a parent. Having a Mom’s Roadside Emergency Kit will help solve emergency situations that can happen while traveling with your children in the car.
10 Essential Items for Mom’s Roadside Emergency Kit:
1. Paper Towel → to clean up messes or spills
2. Plastic Bags → for garbage or to hold wet and dirty clothes
3. First Aid Kit → for any cuts or scratches that kids might get while in the car or traveling
4. Extra Clothes → for any spills or accidents
5. Snacks → pack non-perishable treats for hungry kids (and mom)
6. Water → for thirsty children or to rinse off things such as muddy shoes
7. Baby Wipes or Wet Wipes → to clean-up spills or messes when you need more than just a paper towel
8. Blanket → to keep children warm or to sit on if you have wait outside the car for help
10. Scissors → to open up snacks, cut tags out of shirts, or cut straws so it is easier for children to drink
Click on the link or picture above for a free printable checklist.
Raising children can be unpredictable. Be better prepared for those unpredictable moments that happen while traveling in a car by having a Mom’s Roadside Emergency Kit.
What would you have in your Mom’s Roadside Emergency Kit?