We love to decorate our house for the holidays with crafts for kids. Since Valentine’s Day is just a few weeks away, we’ve been putting hearts everywhere! My children loved making our Ghost Suncatcher and Christmas Ornament Suncatcher, so we made a Heart Suncatcher today.
Supplies to make a Heart Suncatcher:
Directions to make a Heart Suncatcher:
- Cut a heart out of the wax paper. If your child is just learning how to use scissors, he or she may need hand-over-hand help because the wax paper can be difficult for little ones to cut.
- Pour each paint color onto a small paper plate. My children picked out purple and pink but you can use any color.
- Open up a clothespin and put a cotton ball or pom pom inside so the end is partly sticking out. You can also use a paintbrush for this activity.
- Dip the cotton ball into the paint and press it down on the wax paper. You can make patterns on your heart or blend the colors together.
- After the paint dries, tape your Heart Suncatcher on a window.
Your children are sure to have fun using a cotton ball to paint this Heart Suncatcher and create an adorable Valentine’s Day decoration.
You May Also Like These Crafts and Activities:
- How To Create A LEGO Duplo Block Painting
- Rumble and Tumble Football Craft
- Put Me In The Zoo Paper Plate Craft
- Hot Chocolate Goop
- Gluten-Free Kool-Aid Play Dough
Check Out These Other Valentine’s Day Crafts:
- Washi Tape Heart by The Resourceful Mama
- Crepe Paper Heart by My Bored Toddler
- Heart Handprint Keepsake by Craft Create Calm
- Heart Suncatcher by Raising Little Superheroes
- Valentine’s Day Heart Wreath by Raising Fairies and Knights
- Valentine’s Day Advent Calendar For Kids by Play Dough & Popsicles
- Valentine Paper Lanterns by Kidz Activities
- Valentine’s Day Playdough with a free printable by Crafty Mama in ME