As we were walking through the craft store the other day, my toddler grabbed a bag of feathers. Since Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away, I thought it would be the perfect time to create some holiday crafts for kids. So, we used those colorful feathers that my son snatched up (and wouldn’t let go of) to make a Cute Cardboard Tube Turkey Craft.
How To Make A Cute Cardboard Tube Turkey Craft:
- Cardboard Tube (Paper Towel or Toilet Paper Roll)
- Brown Puffy Paint (Read the directions below to find out how to make your own puffy paint)
- Paint Brush
- Googly Eyes
- Red and Orange Foam
- Cut the cardboard tube to your desired length depending on how tall or short you want your turkeys. We used several paper towel rolls and cut many different sizes so we would have a variety of turkeys.
- Paint the cardboard tube with brown puffy paint. To make your own puffy paint, mix 2 tablespoons of shaving cream and 2 tablespoons of white glue. Add 1 tablespoons of brown tempera paint and mix the ingredients together.
- After the paint dries, glue the feathers onto the back of the cardboard tube.
- Glue the googly eyes onto the front of the cardboard tube.
- Cut out the turkey’s beak and feet from the orange foam and the gobbler from the red foam. Glue the pieces onto the cardboard tube.
This Cute Cardboard Tube Turkey Craft is not only easy for even young children to make, but it is also a fun and festive Thanksgiving decoration to create. My children made several turkeys to put around the dinner table during for our Thanksgiving dinner with all of our family and friends.