Every year, my children love to make special, handmade Christmas presents that they can give to us and their grandparents. These holiday crafts for kids are always precious keepsakes that I love and will treasure for years. When I asked my son what he wanted to make this year, he said a candle because grandma loves candles. So, we created Candy Cane Lanterns.
- Cut the red and white tissue paper into small squares (about 1 inch by 1 inch.)
- Using the paint brush, spread the glue all over the outside of the mason jar.
- Starting at the bottom of the mason jar, put a row of red tissue paper and then put a row of white tissue paper.
- Repeat the step above, alternating the red and white tissue paper rows until the entire mason jar is covered.
- After the glue dries, carefully put another layer of glue on top of the tissue paper.
- Place a tea light inside the mason jar. We like to use the battery operated, flameless tea lights especially in this kid-made present. If you don’t want to use a candle, you can also fill the jar with peppermint candies or candy canes.
Add a festive ribbon and gift tag to complete this special, homemade gift that anyone would love to receive.
You may also enjoy these crafts and activities:
- How To Paint A Christmas Ornament Suncatcher
- Festive Tissue Paper Christmas Tree Craft
- 25 of the Best Christmas Picture Books
- Colorful Cupcake Liner Turkey Craft
- Cardboard Tube Turkey Craft