Whenever I think about Fall, the first thing that comes to mind is apples. From picking apples at the orchard to baking scrumptious apple recipes to creating apple crafts for kids, the Fall is full of apples. We are getting ready for Fall today by creating an Apple Footprint Craft. This easy-to-make Fall craft is an adorable footprint keepsake that you will cherish through the years as your child grows.
How To Create An Apple Footprint Craft:
- 8 x 10 Canvas or White Cardstock
- Red, Brown, and Green Paint
- Paint Brush
1. Paint the bottom of your child’s right foot with the red paint and have him or her step onto the canvas or card stock.
* Make sure that your child’s foot is fully covered with paint before stepping onto the canvas, so there aren’t any white spaces on the finished product.
2. Paint the bottom of your child’s left foot with the red paint and have him or her place it right next to his other footprint on the canvas or cardstock.
* I like to use a canvas when creating crafts with my children’s handprints or footprints, so I can easily hang them up around my house. The paint is also less likely to smear or smudge when using a canvas.
3. After the red paint dries, paint a stem and a leaf onto of the top of the footprints with the brown and green paint.
* Instead of painting the apple stem, have your child dip his or her finger into the brown paint and press it onto the canvas. Then, have your child dip his or her finger into the green paint and press it onto the canvas to create the leaf.
This Apple Footprint Craft is not only a fun craft for your children to create, but it is also a precious keepsake that you will treasure too.
You May Also Like These Fall Crafts:
- 50+ Awesome Apple Activities For Kids
- Rumble and Tumble Football Craft
- The Colorful Fall Leaves Craft