The rain has finally stopped and the sunshine is beginning to peer out from behind the clouds. It’s time to get outside and let the summer fun begin! We spent all afternoon Popsicle Painting. It’s one of our favorite outdoor activities for kids, because it is super fun summer activity and a blast for all ages.
How To Make A Popsicle Painting:
- Popsicle Mold
- Food Coloring
- The night before you plan to do this activity, fill a popsicle mold with water and add about 5 drops of food coloring to each one. The more food coloring your add, the darker the colors will be when painting. Remember that you can also mix colors together to create new colors too.
- If you don’t have a popsicle mold, you can also use an ice cube tray. Fill the ice cube tray with water and add about 3 drops of food coloring to each square. Cover the tray with plastic wrap and insert a toothpick or popsicle stick in through the plastic wrap for the handles.
- Before using the popsicles, run warm water over the mold to loosen the popsicles up so they easily come out.
- Go outside and paint your driveway or sidewalk. We worked on writing letters and numbers, explored mixing colors, had blast watching how fast the popsicles melted in the sun.
Popsicle Painting is a super fun, summer activity for kids of all ages. They are safe to taste too so even little ones can enjoy this outdoor activity.
You May Also Like These Outdoor Activities for Kids:
- How To Make Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- Alphabet Water Balloon Games
- Easy-To-Make Homemade Bubble Recipe
- How To Make A Homemade Bird Feeder
- 5 Family Fun Backyard Games
For more fun outdoor activities for kids, check out the
A-Z of Outdoor Activities hosted by Crafty Kids at Home.
We can’t wait to have a go at this out in our backyard. Thanks so much for taking part in our Outdoor Activities series.