While shopping at the store the other day, my son grabbed a package of paper straws off of the shelf. After looking that the bright and colorful straws, I knew at we had to create some fun crafts for kids using our new craft supply. After a month of rain, we are ready for these April showers to bring some May flowers So, we made a Paper Straw Flower Craft to add a little sunshine to our dark and dreary house.
How To Make A Paper Straw Flower Craft:
- Paper Straws – 3
- Popsicle Stick
- Green Paint
- Paint Brush
- Green Pipe Cleaner
- Cut the paper straws in half.
- Cut a notch out in the middle of each one.
- Stack the straws like Lincoln Logs so the notches are all lined up in the center.
- Glue the straws together.
- Glue the button on top of the center of the paper straws.
- Paint the popsicle stick with the green paint.
- After the paint dries, glue the popsicle stick on the back of the paper straws.
- Cut a green pipe cleaner in fourths.
- Fold two of the pieces of pipe cleaner in an oval shape for the stem’s leaves.
- Glue the two leaves on the back of the popsicle stick.
Put the flower into a small Terra Cotta flower pot or attach a magnet on the back of it and hang it onto your fridge. Brighten up your dreary Spring with this bright and colorful Paper Straw Flower Craft.