Did you see the Paper Plate Spider Wreath that we made for our front door or the Ghost Suncatcher that we hung up in our window? We wanted to create more decorations for the front of our house, so we made Creepy Crawly Bath Sponge Spiders to hang from our from porch.
Not only are these Creepy Crawly Bath Sponge Spiders a spook-tacular Halloween decoration, but it is also a fun prop to use when singing the Itsy, Bitsy Spider song. My toddler loves to act out the parts of the song using his spider whenever we sing the song or read the book, Itsy Bitsy Spider by Kate Toms.
How To Make Creepy Crawly Bath Sponge Spiders:
- Mesh Pouf Bath Sponge (any color)
- Black Pipe Cleaner (4)
- Googly Eyes
- Fold the four black pipe cleaners in half.
- Dip the folded end in glue and stick it in the bath sponge.
- Bend the pipe cleaners in half to form the spider’s legs.
- Glue the googly eyes on the center of the bath sponge.
- Let the glue dry completely.
Extend The Learning:
While making this Halloween spider craft, it is the perfect time to teach your children all about spiders. Here are some books to read with lots of fun facts:
- Spiders by Gail Gibbons
- All About Spiders (Kindle Edition) by Jasmine Williams
- Children’s Guide to Insects and Spiders by Jinny Johnson
Here are some other spider crafts you may enjoy too:
- Kid-Make Paper Plate Spider Wreath
- Itsy, Bitsy Spider Paper Plate Craft
- Eensy, Weensy Puffy Paint Spider
Whether you are making these Creepy Crawly Bath Sponge Spiders as a Halloween decoration or a prop for your Itsy, Bitsy Spider song, your kids are sure to love making and playing with adorable arachnids.