Halloween is just 2 weeks away! Over the weekend, my family and I crossed another thing off our Fall Bucket List and went trick-or-treating at the zoo. My toddler loved all of the decorations especially the monsters. He has been pretending to be a monster all week by walking around the house saying “grr..” After seeing my adorable little monster, I knew that he would want to make at least one more Halloween craft this year. So, we created this Super Squished Monster Craft.
How To Make A Super Squished Monster Craft:
- White Card Stock or Heavy Paper
- Kid-friendly Paint (any color)
- Googly Eyes
- Black Construction Paper
- Fold the piece of white card stock or heavy paper in half.
- Unfold the piece of paper and pour about 1/2 teaspoon of paint in the crease.
- Fold the paper again and squish the paint around. Be careful that the paint doesn’t leak out of sides of the paper.
- Unfold the paper and let the paint dry.
- After the paint dries, glue on the googly eyes.
- Cut the mouth out of construction paper and glue it on to the monster.
Extend The Learning:
- Make this Halloween craft in your classroom or homeschool. Then, have the children compare and contrast the different monsters that they create using a Venn Diagram.
- Children can also write a creative Halloween story about their monster.
Children will have so much fun creating a Super Squished Monster Craft. Not only will they have a blast squishing the paint but they will also love decorating and transforming their blob into a monster.