Today, we read the book The Seasons of Arnold’s Apple Tree by Gail Gibbons and created our Fruit Loop Apple Tree Craft for Toddlers. Not only is this fall craft for kids is a fun way for children to learn all about the seasons but they can also practice skills like sorting, cutting, and much more!
How To Make A Fruit Loop Apple Tree Craft:
- White Card Stock (2)
- Green Paint
- Brown Paint
- Paper Plate
- Cotton Balls (2)
- Clothes Pin
- Fruit Loops
- Give your child a bowl of Fruit Loops and have him or her sort the pieces by color. This is a fun way for your child to practice sorting and identifying the colors.
- Open up the clothes pin and put the cotton ball inside so that the end of it is sticking out when the clothes pin is closed. The clothes pin and cotton ball are going to be what your child uses to paint with instead of a paint brush.
- Pour some of the green paint onto the paper plate and spread it around. While holding the clothes pin, have your child dip the cotton ball into the green paint and repeatedly press it down onto a white piece of card stock until he or she has painted a large circle.
- Put a new cotton ball in the clothes pin. Pour a little of the brown paint onto the paper plate and spread it around. Have your child dip the cotton ball into the brown paint and move it up and down on another piece of card stock until he or she had painted a large rectangle.
- After the paint dries, have your child cut the green circle and brown rectangle out and glue the green circle on top of the brown rectangle. If your child is just learning how to use scissors, he or she may need hand-over-hand help.
- Have your child glue the red Fruit Loops onto the green circle.
This Fruit Loop Apple Tree Craft for Toddlers is an easy craft for little ones to make and a fun way for them to learn and practice skills such as sorting and cutting.
My Bored Toddler says
This looks like a great activity for fall/autumn. Thanks for sharing on #ToddlerFunFriday
Raising Little Superheroes says
Thanks! Just be prepared with a few extra Fruit Loops for snack!