You’ve Been Booed! One of my family’s favorite Halloween activities for kids is “booing” our friends and neighbors. You secretly deliver a special treat to two of your neighbors. Then, your neighbors deliver Halloween treats to two more neighbors. The game continues until everyone in the neighborhood has been booed!
You’ve Been Booed is not only a fun activity for your whole family but it’s also a fantastic way to build a community with your neighbors and teach your children about giving to others.
Once You’ve Been Booed…
- Place the “We’ve Been Booed” sign on your front door or window.
- Within the next two to three days, make two copies of the “You’ve Been Booed” instructions and the “We’ve Been Booed” sign. (Click on the links to print)
- Put together two special Halloween treats.
- Deliver the “You’ve Been Booed” instructions, “We’ve Been Booed” sign, and special treats to two other houses in your neighborhood who don’t have the “We’ve Been Booed” sign hanging on their front door or window and haven’t been booed yet.
- Don’t let your neighbors see you deliver the special treat. Guessing who booed you is part of the fun!
You’ve Been Booed Halloween Treat Ideas…
The special Halloween treat can be very simple and inexpensive. The idea is to build a community and have fun. We deliver treats to both families in our neighborhood and those that don’t have children too. In our treat bags, we like to include things such as:
- A Halloween movie and popcorn
- Cookie Mix with Halloween Cookie Cutters
- A Haunted House Gingerbread Kit
- Halloween activity books and crayons
- Pumpkin Spice candle
- Halloween towels and homemade treats