My children have always loved putting puzzles together and sensory activities. Since it is Winnie the Pooh Day, we used our Winnie the Pooh and Friends puzzle and combined puzzle making with a sensory bin to create a Puzzle Sensory Bin.
Supplies Needed To Create A Puzzle Sensory Bin:
- Plastic Container
- Pinto Beans or Another Sensory Bin Filler
- Winnie the Pooh Puzzle or Another Puzzle
Directions To Make A Puzzle Sensory Bin:
- Fill a plastic container with beans or another sensory bin filler such as buttons, water beads, or pom poms.
- Add the puzzle pieces to the bin. The first time that I set this sensory bin up for my toddler, I left part of each puzzle piece sticking out of the beans. After he understood the task and felt confident, I buried all of the puzzle pieces. They were not visible and he had to dig through the beans to find all of the puzzle pieces.
- As your child finds each puzzle piece in the sensory bin, he or she can place it in the correct spot on the puzzle board. For this activity with my toddler, we used our Winnie the Pooh puzzle because it has chucky pieces which are easy for his little hands to grasp. We have also done similar activities with my older son using form letter and number puzzles.
Playing with a Puzzle Sensory Bin is a fun way for your children to explore, discover new things, and develop important fine motor skills.
Check out these other Winnie the Pooh crafts and activities:
- Make These Cute Paper Plate Piglets from Peakle Pie
- Winnie the Pooh Book Review from Witty Hoots
- Winnie-the-Pooh’s Honey Snacks from Kelly’s Classroom
- Playing Winnie the Pooh’s Favourite Game – Pooh Sticks from Play & Learn Everyday
- Where in The World is Winnie The Pooh? from Castle View Academy
- Simple Art for Little Girl’s Room With Free Printable from Play Dough & Popsicles
- DIY Winnie The Pooh Letters from Adventures of Adam
- Whimsical Winnie the Pooh Kids Birthday Party from Crafty Mama in ME
- Paper Plate Winnie the Pooh Craft from In the Playroom
- Winnie the Pooh Play Doh Invitation to Play from Something 2 Offer
- DIY Winnie The Pooh Figurines from Mama Smiles