It’s the first day of Spring! Soon, leaves will be filling the trees, flowers will be blooming, and beautiful butterflies will be flying through the air. It is the perfect time to start decorating the house with all things Spring.
Seasonal crafts for kids are not only fun for children to create but also a great way to welcome Spring and spruce up your kid-friendly décor. A Watercolor Butterfly is an adorable and easy-to-make project for children of all ages.
- Coffee Filter
- Watercolor Paints (We used our Homemade Watercolor Paints)
- Clothes pin
- Small Googly Eyes
- Pipe Cleaner
1. Lay the coffee filter on a flat surface. Smooth the coffee filter out so it is flat. The watercolor paints will bleed through the coffee filter so make sure that the surface can be easily washed or lay paper across your work area.
2. Paint the entire coffee filter using the watercolor paints.
3. Let the coffee filter dry completely.
4. After the coffee filter is dry, fold it using the accordion style or back and forth like a paper fan.
5. Put the coffee filter in the clothes pin.
6. Glue on two small googly eyes.
7. Cut a pipe cleaner in half. Fold the pipe cleaner in half and clip it in the clothes pin. Curl the ends of the pipe cleaner.
Ta da! You have now created a Watercolor Butterfly. You can attach a string or a piece of yarn to your Watercolor Butterfly and hang it or glue a magnet on the back of the clothes pin and put it on your refrigerator.
A Watercolor Butterfly is a cute and easy art project. You can use this activity to teach children all about the seasons and butterflies too. Making seasonal crafts for kids is a fun way for children to use their imagination and creativity.