Get ready to make a colorful and creative Halloween craft! This Tie Dye Coffee Filter Monster is a super fun process art activity for children of all ages. It is one of my favorite crafts to make with a group of children because no two monsters are alike.
How To Make A Tie Dye Coffee Filter Monster:
- Coffee Filters
- Washable Markers
- Spray Bottle with Water
- Black Card Stock
- White Card Stock
1. Color the coffee filter with the markers. You don’t have to color the entire coffee filter completely. You can leave some white spaces.
2. Spray the colored coffee filter with water. Use just enough water to make the colors blend together. This can be a little messy so spray the coffee filter on a washable work surface or place it on butcher paper.
3. Let the coffee filter dry completely.
4. Cut different shapes out of the white and black paper for the monster’s eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, horns, and hair. You can add more color to the monster by using different color paper too.
5. Glue the parts of the monster’s face onto the coffee filter.
This Tie Dye Coffee Filter Monster Craft is a fun activity for students to do in a classroom or homeschool. They can work with a partner to complete a Venn diagram and compare and contrast how their monsters look. They can also write creative stories about their monsters and share them with their classmates. These colorful monsters can be taped to a window or hung on a bulletin board for a festive Halloween decoration too.