Today, we read The Sleep Book. In the story, a small bug named Van Vleck is getting sleepy. His yawn makes everyone around him yawn and sleepy too. After reading this very silly story, we created Van Vleck and The Sleep Book Paper Plate Craft.
Supplies for The Sleep Book Paper Plate Craft:
- Paper Plate
- Yellow Paint
- Paint Brush
- Yellow Curling Ribbon
- Yellow Construction Paper
- White Construction Paper
- Black Pom Pom
- Black Marker
Directions for The Sleep Book Paper Plate Craft:
- Paint the paper plate with the yellow paint.
- Cut two ovals out of the yellow and white construction paper.
- Fold the yellow ovals in half and glue them onto the top of the white ovals.
- Glue the ovals on the center of the paper plate for the eyes.
- Draw a half circle on the white ovals for the pupils.
- Glue the black pom pom in the middle of the paper plate for the nose.
- Glue the curling ribbon on the back of the paper plate so the ribbon sticks out of the top for the hair.
- Draw a mouth at the bottom of the paper plate with the marker.
Making fun, book-inspired crafts like The Sleep Book Paper Plate Craft encourages children to read, retell the story, and create.
Enter your name and email address below to download our FREE Dr. Seuss Bookmarks!
Check Out These Other Dr. Seuss Crafts and Activities:
- One Fish Two Fish Felt Crafts from Living Life and Learning
- Wocket in my Pocket coloring pages and activity book from KiddyCharts
- Ten Apples Up on Top – Early Math Top Hat Activity from Pray Species
- Dr. Seuss Activity for Kids Inspired by Books from Craft Create Calm