Last week, I bought a bag of conversation hearts at the grocery store. We decided to use the candy to make one of our favorite sensory activities for kids… Goop! We changed our basic recipe to make a special Valentine’s Day version and created Conversation Heart Goop.
What is Goop? It is a non-Newtonian fluid. It acts like a liquid when it is being poured and acts like a solid when it comes in contact with something. You can grab Goop with your hand like it is a solid, but it will ooze out like it is a liquid.
Supplies for Conversation Heart Goop:
- Shallow Bowl or Container
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Spoon
Directions for Conversation Heart Goop:
- In a shallow bowl or container, combine the corn starch and water. The mixture will be thick and hard to stir so mix the ingredients by hand.
- Add the red food coloring to the bowl and mix all of the ingredients together. We use just 2 or 3 drops of red food coloring so the goop would turn pink. You can use more food coloring if you want the goop to be a darker shade of pink or red.
- Add the conversation hearts on top of the goop.
Playing with Conversation Heart Goop is a fun, tactile sensory activity that your children are sure to love.
Check out these other fun Valentine’s Day Ideas:
1. Love Coupons from KiddyCharts
2. Valentine Fine Motor Sensory Bin from Adventures Of Adam
3. Love Bug Craft from Play & Learn Everyday
4. Love Tot Pack from Kori at Home
5. Books About Love from Learning by Design
6. Doodle Heart Painting from Flash Bugs Studio (pictured bottom right and bottom right on square image)
7. Painted Heart Garland for Preschoolers from Craft Create Calm
8. Fingerprint Heart Art from Teach Beside Me
9. DIY Friendship Love Bracelet from Living Ideas (pictured bottom left and bottom left on square image)
10. 6 Simple Date Ideas from Great Googa Moogas
11. Fingerprint Heart Keepsake from Messing Little Monsters
12. Book Review – 5 Love Languages from MissJaimeOT
13. Newspaper Heart Garland from Kitchen Counter Chronicles (pictured top)
14. Sign Language Love Artwork from Pray Species
15. Geeky Valentine’s day Chocolates from Two Married Geeks
16. Sweet Hearts to Sew from Coloured Buttons
17. Valentines invitation to Play from My Bored Toddler
18. Valentine’s day Tracing Worksheets from Living Life and Learning (pictured middle left and middle left on square image)
19. Using mindmaps and thinking routine to explore the concept of love from Smart Tinker
20. Foil Heart Painting from Crafts on Sea (pictured middle right and middle right on square image)
21. Free Valentine’s Day Printable Pack for Preschoolers from Best Toys 4 Toddlers
22. Valentine’s Day Game from Books and Giggles
23. Conversation Heart Goop from Raising Little Superheroes
24. Easy Carved Love Stamps for Kids from The Usual Mayhem
25. 14 Days of Love Notes from There’s Just One Mommy
26. Kite Valentines Card from KiddyCharts
27. Valentines Biscuits – Heart Shaped Frozen Yoghurt Sandwiches from KiddyCharts
28. 7 Healthy Ways to Show Your Family LOVE This Valentine’s Day from Shrinking Momster
29. Sandy Hearts Sensory Play from Simple Fun for Kids
30. 50+ Awesome Valentines Day Printables for Kids from KiddyCharts