Your child can thank his or her teacher by creating this special Thank You “Berry” Much Strawberry Flowerpot for Teacher Appreciation Day. It is the perfect time of the year to thank a teacher for all of his or her hard work and dedication.
How To Make A Thank You “Berry” Much Strawberry Flowerpot:
- Red Paint
- Green Paint
- Black Paint
- Small Paper Plate
- Painter’s Tape (optional)
- Strawberry Candy
- Cellophane or Treat Bag
- Hole Punch
- Thank You “Berry” Much Gift Tag (Click on the link to print)
- Paint the base of the flowerpot with the red paint.
- After the paint dries, paint the rim of the flowerpot with the green paint. Hint: Put a piece of Painter’s tape on the base of the flowerpot so your child doesn’t get any green paint on the red.
- Pour the black paint onto a small paper plate. Have your child dip the tip of his or her finger into the paint and press it on the base of the flowerpot to create the strawberry seeds. If your child doesn’t like getting paint on his or her finger, he or she can use a small paint brush or Q-tip.
- Cut a square out of the cellophane (about 8 in. by 8 in.) and place the strawberry candy in the center of the square. Pull the 4 corners of the cellophane together and tie with a ribbon. Hint: Instead of using cellophane, you can also use a clear treat bag.
- Print the Thank You “Berry” Much gift tag on white card stock, cut it out, and punch a hole in the corner. Attach the gift tag with ribbon to the cellophane.
We created this Thank You “Berry” Much Strawberry Flowerpot for Teacher Appreciation Day, but it would be a fun way to thank helpful neighbor, friend, relative too.