Are you ready for some football? It’s that time of the year again when people everywhere will be spending their Sunday afternoons watching football games and cheering on their favorite teams. We are getting ready for the football season to begin by decorating our house with our favorite team’s colors and creating football crafts for kids. Today, we had a blast using a football to paint and create this Rumble and Tumble Football Craft.
How To Make A Rumble and Tumble Football Craft:
- Small Toy Football
- Cardboard Box
- Cardstock or Construction Paper
- Brown Paint
- Paper Plate
- Shoelace or Ribbon
- Fold the construction paper or card stock in half.
- Draw an arch on the paper and cut it out to create the shape of a football. If your child is just learning how to use scissors, he or she may need help and hand-over-hand assistance.
- Unfold the paper and place it in the cardboard box. A shirt box will work the best. If you don’t have a cardboard box, you can also use a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spread the brown paint onto a paper plate.
- Dip the toy football into the paint and place it in the cardboard box.
- Move the cardboard box back and forth and all around. The football will move and leave streaks of paint on the paper football.
- Remove the paper football from the inside the cardboard box and let it dry.
- After the paint has dried, cut and glue the shoelace or ribbon onto the paper for the football laces.
This Rumble and Tumble Football Craft is a super fun painting activity for kids and will definitely be a hit with your little football fans.