Over the past few weeks, we’ve had so much fun creating Halloween crafts for kids from our Batty Handprint Bat Craft to our Spooktacular Ghost Suncatcher Craft. Last week, we shared the Itsy, Bitsy Spider Paper Plate Craft. I thought we had plenty of Halloween crafts hanging up throughout our house, but my son said that we need an eensy. weensy spider to go with the itsy, bitsy one. So, we made this spooky Eensy, Weensy Puffy Paint Spider Craft.
How To Make A Puffy Paint Spider Craft:
- Cardboard or Card Stock
- Popsicle Sticks (8)
- Black Puffy Paint (Read the directions below to find out how to make your own puffy paint)
- Googly Eyes
- Draw a circle with a diameter of about 4 inches onto a piece of cardboard or card stock. We traced a small cereal bowl to create the right size shape.
- Cut out the circle. Your child may need help cutting the circle especially if you are using cardboard.
- Glue four popsicle sticks on one side of the circle and glue the remaining four on the other side to create the spider’s legs.
- After the glue dries, paint the cardboard and popsicle sticks with black puffy paint. To make your own puffy paint, mix 2 tablespoons of shaving cream and 2 tablespoons of white glue. Add 1/2 of a tablespoon of black tempera paint and mix the ingredients together.
- After the paint dries, glue on the googly eyes.
You kids will have a fun getting ready for Halloween by making their own puffy paint and creating this Eensy, Weensy Puffy Paint Spider Craft.