One of our favorite children’s authors is Eric Carle. He shares on his website that he uses tissue paper to create his illustrations. After reading his book Little Cloud, we wanted to create crafts for kids that were inspired by Eric Carle’s book and pictures. So, we made our own Little Cloud Tissue Paper Craft.
Supplies for Little Cloud Tissue Paper Craft:
Directions for Little Cloud Tissue Paper Craft:
- Print the “I see a…” template on the blue card stock.
- Cut the tissue paper into squares that are about 1 inch by 1 inch.
- Spread glue onto a piece of blue card stock.
- Place the tissue paper on top of the glue.
- After the glue dries, ask your child what his or her little cloud has become and have him or her write it on the line to complete the “I see a…” sentence.
Extend The Learning:
- Reading: Learn all about clouds through books like Clouds by Anne Rockwell
- Science: Learn about the different types of clouds and how they are formed.
When I taught Kindergarten, I use to have my students create this Little Cloud Tissue Paper Craft. I always loved how they would use their imagination and describe their cloud.
You May Also Like These Crafts And Activities:
Check out these other Book Inspired Crafts and Activities: