This post was written by me on behalf of The Pencil Grip, Inc. All opinions are 100% mine.
My children love to make homemade Christmas presents for each other. It’s a special family tradition that they always look forward to every year. This Christmas, my son decided that he wanted to make puzzles for his little brother. My little one loves puzzles! So, he got to work and made several Homemade Christmas Puzzles using Kwik Stix.
How To Make Homemade Christmas Puzzles:
- Blank Puzzles
- Kwik Stix
- Camera (optional)
- Draw Christmas or Winter themed pictures such as a Christmas tree or Snowman on each blank puzzle using Kwik Stix
- Let the paint dry (It only takes 90 seconds!)
- Take a picture of the the puzzle (This is an optional step but will he especially helpful to young children)
- Break the puzzle apart and put the pieces into a small box
- Glue the picture onto the outside of the box so the child who is putting the puzzle together will know what the puzzle is suppose to look like when it is put together.
- Wrap the box with wrapping paper and give it to someone special (like your brother) on Christmas morning
If you don’t want to buy a blank puzzle, you can make your own out of card stock or cardboard. Simply, cut a shape such as a square or rectangle out of the card stock. Use a ruler and pencil to create the different puzzle pieces. Draw your picture on the puzzle with Kwik Stix and then cut the pieces apart.
These Homemade Christmas Puzzles are so easy to make with Kwik Stix. Unlike traditional paints, Kwik Stix are not messy. You no longer need cups of water, paint brushes, or even smocks when painting which makes the set-up and clean-up hassle free. These paints are non-toxic and safe for young children to use. For this project, we used Kwik Stik on cardboard but you can also use them on paper, wood, canvas, and many other things.
These super fun solid tempera paint sticks are NOW available at Target. You can buy the Kwik Stix of Basic and Metalix colors in Target stores or order the Kwik Stix 96 pack, 24 pack, 12 pack, and 6 packs of Classics, Neons, and Metalix on Target.com. Just in time for Christmas!