Around the holidays, we love to do themed learning activities. Since Valentine’s Day is just a couple of weeks away, we created a Lots-of-Love Heart Sight Word Game today.
Sight words are the most frequently used words in the English language. Since these words are used so often, it is important for children to recognize and read the words on sight. A fun way for children to practice and learn sight words is through games like the Lots-of-Love Heart Sight Word Game.
Supplies For The Heart Sight Word Game:
Set-up The Heart Sight Word Game:
- Print the Lots-of-Love Sight Word Printable.
- Laminate the Lots-of-Love Sight Word Printable using a thermal laminator and laminating pouches or self-adhesive laminating sheets. Laminating the printable will make it more durable and last longer.
- Set-up the printable and a cup full of erasers on a workable surface for your child.
How To Play The Heart Sight Word Game:
- One player calls out a sight word from the list.
- The other player finds the word on the Lots-of-Love Sight Word Printable and covers it up with an eraser.
- When all of the words are covered, the players switch positions and the caller now finds the sight words on the game board.
- This sight word game can easily be played with two partners in a classroom or homeschool or as parent-led activity.
Kindergarten Sight Word List:
Your children are sure to have fun identifying their sight words in this Valentine’s Day themed Lots-of-Love Heart Sight Word Game.
- Fill the Jar Addition Game with Mini Erasers from Life Over C’s
- Sticky Ten Frames from Still Playing School
- Construction Site Preschool Letter Sensory Bin from Learning 2 Walk
- Mini Eraser Counting Game: Race to Fill the Cup from Mom Inspired Life
- Kindergarten Patterns from Sugar Aunts
- Valentine’s Day Grid Math Game with Mini Erasers from Stir the Wonder
- Emotions I Spy Bag from Adventures of Adam
- Valentine’s Puppies Roll and Cover Game from Simple Fun For Kids
- Lots-of-Love Heart Sight Word Game from Raising Little Superheroes
- Stack the Erasers Fine Motor Math Game from School Time Snippets
- Sensory Heart Tic Tac Toe from Mum in the Madhouse
- Adding up to Five Activity from Play & Learn Everyday
- Number Bonds Activity Using Mini Erasers from Lalymom
- Mini Erasers Busy Box from Teach me Mommy