Around the holidays, we love gingerbread! We bake gingerbread cookies, build gingerbread houses, and even make Gingerbread Play Dough. One of our all-time favorite gingerbread treats are Gingerbread Bars with Homemade Cream Cheese Icing. These scrumptious and simple bars are not only the perfect dessert to take to any holiday party, but Santa would love to find one or two of these bars when he comes down the chimney on Christmas Eve too.
How To Make Gingerbread Bars with Homemade Cream Cheese Icing:
Ingredients for Bars:
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Butter (melted)
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup of Dark Molasses
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Icing:
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/4 Cup of Butter (softened)
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- Christmas Sprinkles
- 9 x 13 Pan
- Large Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Cooking Spray or Grease
Directions for Bars:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter, both sugars, vanilla and molasses. Add the egg and mix well.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir well to incorporate.
5. Transfer the gingerbread batter to your greased pan and spread it evenly. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Place the pan on a wire rack and cool for 20 minutes before applying icing.
Directions for Cream Cheese Icing:
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
2. Generously frost the gingerbread bars with the cream cheese frosting.
3. Sprinkle red, green and white sprinkles all over the bars and cut into squares.
Your friends and family are sure to love these yummy Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Icing at your holiday party or family gathering this year. Happy Holidays!
We are so excited to be giving away $330 in cash prizes for you to use starting Thanksgiving weekend. Here are the prizes:
1 – $100 Amazon Gift Card
1 – $75 Target Gift Card
2 – $25 Walmart Gift Card
1 – $25 Kohls Gift Card
3- $10 Starbucks Gift Card
There will be 8 winners in this giveaway. Each winner will receive a gift card code to use on the online store or in the actual store.
Now its time to meet our wonderful co-hosts who have made this giveaway possible.
Starting at the top row we have:
Terri – Christmas Tree Lane, Melissa – The Farm Girl Gabs, Christine – Your Strong Tower, Audrey – That Recipe & Munofore, Dana – Goods Giving Back, Tammy – Creative K Kids, Trish – Creative Simplicity by Trish Sutton, Kim – Shopping Kim and Enter Online Sweeps, Ali – Home Crafts by Ali and Ali’s Book Nook, Kelly – Typically Simple, Kim – The Resourceful Mom, Katie – The Ramblings of an Overtired Mama, Angie – God’s Growing Garden, Sarah – Devastate Boredom, Karen – Raising Little Superheroes, Gina – Money Savvy Living, Beverly – Eclectic Red Barn, Melissa – Deliciously Savvy, Beth – Our Pretty Little Girls, Meredith – The Mom of the Year, Laura – Michigan Saving and More, Debbie – Heartbeats ~Soul Stains, Carol – The Red Painted Cottage, Tiffany – A Wandering Vine, Monica – Mommy & Love, Holly – Keeping Life Sane, Sinea – Ducks ‘n a Row, Cindy – Simple Steps for Living Life, Tammy – My Life Abundant, Kari – Keep It Simple DIY, Danielle – Dancing with My Daughter
Please stop by and say hi to these wonderful ladies and their blogs.
The giveaway will end midnight on Wednesday, November 24th, the night before Thanksgiving. You will have 48 hours to respond to the email claiming the prize. If you respond right away, we will get you the gift card code promptly so that you can shop with it on Black Friday! If we don’t hear in 48 hours, we will choose another winner.