Is your child scared of ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, and everything else about Halloween? Halloween is full of characters, but they don’t have to be scary. As a matter of fact, these fun characters can be used to create not-so-scary Halloween crafts for kids. This Spooktacular Ghost Suncatcher Craft for Kids is super easy for children of all ages to make and a simple way to add a festive decoration to your house or classroom.
- Using a pencil, draw a ghost on a piece of wax paper. The piece of wax paper should be about 4 – 6 inches wide depending on the size of the ghost that you want to create.
- Cut the ghost out of the wax paper. If your child is just learning how to cut, he or she may have a difficult time cutting the paper. Use the hand-over-hand method to help your child cut out his or her ghost.
- Draw 2 circles for the ghost’s eyes and an oval for the ghost’s mouth on the black card stock.
- Cut the shapes out of the black paper.
- Glue the shapes onto the wax paper to make the ghost’s face.
- Tape the ghost on a window.
This Spooktacular Ghost Suncatcher Craft for Kids is a fun and easy decoration for young children to make. Plus, it will show kids that Halloween characters like ghosts don’t have to be scary.