After making our Cupcake Liner Christmas Tree Craft, my son tried to hang it on our Christmas tree, but it was way too big. So, we decided to make a smaller version and created our Cupcake Liner Christmas Tree Ornament. We love to decorate our Christmas tree with homemade ornaments and holiday crafts for kids.
- White Card Stock
- Christmas Cupcake Liners
- Yellow Craft Foam or Foam Glitter Star Sticker
- Ribbon or Yarn
- Cut a small triangle out of the card stock.
- Fold each cupcake liner in half and then fold it in half again.
- Glue a row of cupcake liners across the bottom of the triangle. The amount of cupcake liners you use will depend on the size of the triangle.
- Glue another row of cupcake liners onto the triangle, slightly overlapping the bottom row.
- Continue to glue on cupcake liners till the entire triangle is covered.
- Cut a star out of the yellow craft foam and glue it to the top of the triangle. You can use a foam glitter star sticker too.
- Cut a piece of ribbon or yarn that is about 5 inches long. Fold it in half to create a loop and glue the ends of the ribbon or yarn on the back of the card stock.
Turn one of our favorite holiday crafts for kids into a special, keepsake ornament and create this homemade Cupcake Liner Christmas Tree Ornament.
You may also enjoy these crafts and activities:
- How To Paint A Christmas Ornament Suncatcher
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Cardboard Tube Craft
- Christmas Tree Sensory Bin
- 25 of the Best Christmas Picture Books
- How To Make Gingerbread Play Dough
Are you looking for more ornament ideas? Check out 30 Days of Handmade Kid Ornaments.