Your preschooler will love making sunflowers bloom as he or she practices counting from 1 to 10 with these Count and Clip Sunflowers. In this super fun learning activity, your little ones will also work on developing his or her fine motor skills and hand muscle strength too.
How To Make and Use Count and Clip Sunflowers:
- Center of the Flower Numbers Printable (Click on the link to print)
- White Card Stock
- Clothes Pins – 10
- Yellow Paint
- Paint Brush
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks – 10
- Green Paint
- Print the Center of the Flower Numbers Printable on white card stock.
- Laminate the cards using a thermal laminator and laminating pouches or self-adhesive laminating sheets. Laminating the cards will make them more durable and last longer.
- Cut out the circles.
- Paint the clothes pins with the yellow paint.
- Paint the jumbo popsicle sticks 0r craft sticks with the green paint.
- After the paint dries, glue the popsicle sticks on the back of the center of the flowers.
- Place the sunflowers in a plastic vase. (optional)
How To Play:
- Pick a sunflower out of the vase.
- Identify the number.
- Count that number of clothes pins.
- Pin the clothes pins onto the center of the flower.
- Practice counting backwards by removing one clothespin or flower petal at a time.
These Clip and Count Sunflowers are perfect to teach your child how to count at home or to set-up as an independent center in your preschool.