Creating crafts for kids is a lot of fun especially when you use things from around the house to make them. We love to paint with sponges, scrub brushes, toys, and cotton balls… just to name a few of our favorites. To create our Bat-tacular Bat Silhouette Craft for Kids, we used an unusual paint brush… a feather duster. My children had a blast using a feather duster to paint and it added so much detail and texture to our Halloween craft.
How To Make A Bat-tacular Bat Silhouette Craft:
- Black Card Stock
- Bat Cutouts (Click on the link to print)
- White Paint
- Paper Plate
- Feather Duster
- Yellow Card Stock (optional)
- Glue (optional)
- Cut out the bat cutouts (click on the link to print) and tape them onto the piece of black card stock. You will be removing the paper bats so loosely secure them onto the paper.
- Spread the white paint onto a small paper plate.
- Dip the feather duster into the white paint and lightly press it onto the piece of black paper until the entire piece of paper is covered.
- After the paint dries, gently remove the bat cutouts.
- Cut a circle out of the yellow card stock and glue it in the corner of the black paper for the moon. (optional)
Children will have a blast using a feather duster to paint the wispy clouds and create this Bat-tacular Bat Silhouette Craft for Kids. This easy-to-make Halloween craft would be fun to create with a group of children in a classroom or homeschool.